The Today Show announced today that a new J.K. Rowling interview is airing tomorrow.

The morning show made the announcement via Twitter, simply stating that they will be airing an exclusive interview with J.K. Rowling tomorrow April 9, without going into detail about what exactly will the author discuss on it.

UPDATE:It’s been confirmed that J.K. Rowling is in New York City to launch Lumos USA, the American office of her charity organization. She’ll be talking about this in the interview, as well as the release of Very Good Lives.

The interview comes as a surprise, given that the author is known for how limited her press appearances are.

Rowling’s upcoming book Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination will be released in hardcover and digital formats on April 14th, so we suppose that’s going to be one of the topics the author will talk about on the show. The book is not a novel but the print edition of the author’s famous 2008 Harvard Speech.

“Drawing from stories of her own post-graduate years, the world-famous author addresses some of life’s most important issues with acuity and emotional force,” reads the book synopsis. The proceeds from the book will be destined to charity: 90% will go to Lumos, the charity organisation founded by J.K. Rowling, and the remaining 10% will go to university-wide financial aid at Harvard University.

J.K. Rowling is currently working on her third crime novel written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, which has been confirmed to be near completion. She’s also penning the script for Warner Bros’ Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, so it’s also possible that her appearance on The Today Show could be for the purpose of making an announcement related to any of these projects.

We’ll sure be tuning in to see what the author has to say!

Share on Pinterest